Welcome to Module Four where you will learn about Industry and Market Research.
As a student in the Faculty of Management, you are often required to conduct industry and market research at many points throughout your time in the program. The types of industry information students need to locate can vary and will often include some company research as well as market research.
This module is designed to introduce you to a few basics of locating industry and market research and introduces you to the subscribed industry databases available through UNB Libraries to help you find reliable sources for your individual assignments and group projects.
Upon completion of this module, you should have an increased understanding of industry and market research, and how to use the resources available through UNB Libraries to better understand a specific industry and market. Specifically, you should be able to:
- Understand the difference between industry and market research
- Locate and retrieve relevant information following a basic search in one of our industry or market research databases – IBISWorld, BCC Research, Statista, eMarketer, Forrester Research, and Vividata
- Discover three commonly used industry analysis frameworks and their purposes
- Create a buyer persona and retrieve data to describe your ideal customer
- Determine your market size
- Learn about industry and market research resources available outside of the library
- Communicate the cost of industry and market research