By the end of this chapter, you should be able to
- Confidently work through the steps of creating a reference citation
As you’ve learned, creating a reference citation requires a few steps:
- Identify the type of source,
- Identify the 4W’s of the work (Who, When, What, Where),
- Write the reference citation using the 4W’s and guidance from a correct example (APA QuickGuide),
- Lastly, it’s also important to proofread your work.
When creating a reference citation, pay attention to the 4W’s and how to correctly format each reference citation using punctuation and font emphasis (italics).
Complete the activities below to practice creating reference citations. Be sure to click Finish buttons when they appear.
You want to create a reference citation for the eBook shown below. Drag and drop each element of the reference citation’s 4W’s into their corresponding box to create the eBook’s complete reference citation.