The objective of this policy is to promote academic integrity and the values associated with it at Cape Breton University.
Your responsibilities as a student:
- reading, understanding, and acting in accordance with the Academic Integrity Policy
- reviewing course materials and seeking direction from faculty and staff to ensure an understanding of the expectations for academic integrity
- engaging in learning opportunities dedicated to academic integrity within or outside of classes
- submitting work created in line with the highest standards of academic integrity
- appealing decisions related to academic integrity matters through the proper channels
Cape Breton University recognizes three main types of academic integrity breaches: assignment misconduct, exam misconduct, and other unethical behaviour.
Breaches of academic integrity are categorized into three levels, each having their own penalties and resolutions.